Create economic opportunity for entrepreneurs and small businesses in the Greater Los Angeles Region by connecting human, technical, and capital resources through regional collaboration.
Preventing Commercial Gentrification and Small Business Displacement
Learn how the Small Business Anti-Displacements Network (SBAN) interactive toolkit can support your work with BIPOC and immigrant owned businesses.
Nohely Alvarez, PhD Candidate in Urban and Regional Planning and Design at University of Maryland College Park will go over the seven strategies and tools for preventing commercial gentrification and small business displacement:
- Commercial Preservation and Property Improvement
- Local Hiring and Entrepreneurial Support
- Tax Credits and Incentives
- Zoning and Form-Based Codes
- Commercial Tenant Protections
- Commercial Property and Community Ownership
- Place-Based Management Tools